Cape Town Opera (CTO), a section 21 not-for-profit organisation, inspires, entertains and develops audiences through its acclaimed stage productions, educational outreach and community development programmes and unsurpassed training and skills development initiatives. CTO has been gaining wide-spread acclaim for the continued artistic quality and excellence of its opera and musical productions, both at home and abroad. Over the past ten years, the company has managed to position itself as a leader at the forefront of transformation in the performing arts, and as a key-role player in providing training and job opportunities to South African performing artists.
• Job Creation - creating employment opportunities for local artists
• Capacity Building & Skills Development - hands-on practical training of local performing arts practitioners and administrators
• Genre promotion - increasing the appreciation and understanding of opera
• Audience Development – making opera and the performing arts accessible
• Showcasing local performing arts talent
• Promotion of indigenous South African culture and heritage through new South African works